CK Science are recruiting for a highly motivated Group Leader (Principal Scientist/Associate Director level), with a strong background in cell culture process development, to join a fast growing ImmunoOncology (IO) Biotech company at their site based in Boston, Massachusetts in the USA, on a permanent basis.
Our client is a fast growing and well funded start-up Biotech firm, with a focus on novel cancer and auto-immune therapy discovery and are developing a new generation of Therapeutic Antibodies. They have an innovative platform and entering a period of rapid growth, expanding their team in the Greater Boston area (USA).
- This role involves the buildup, supervision and support of a team of scientists, and focuses on the development and implementation of biologics cell culture process to enable preclinical, clinical and eventual commercialisation
- A perfect role for a highly experienced Principal scientist with substantive hands-on experience, looking to lead a group in a dynamic research and development environment.
Other duties will include to:
- Build the state-of-the-art biologics cell culture process development infrastructures including FTEs and equipment, workflow, procedures and capabilities for future growth
- Lead upstream team to develop, optimise and scale up mammalian upstream processes and primary recovery for biologics production
- Provide Technical/Scientific/engineering leadership for cell culture development ranging from bioreactor operation, media design, fed-batch, perfusion, and primary recovery.
- Oversee process scale-up, scale-down and late-phase process characterization/validation using QbD approach
- Hire and direct a group of ~3 scientists and engineers, coaching, mentoring, and managing teams/staff by establishing performance standards and determining employee responsibilities
- Training production staff on cGMP compliance
- PhD in Chemical/Biochemical Engineering, Biotechnology, Microbiology or Biochemistry or related fields.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Process Development/Upstream Process Development.
- Track record of successful implementations of robust upstream processes from development to IND, and/or Phase III and commercial setting.
- Proven track record on people management experience.
- Track record of management skills of multiple projects and technical teams.
- Experience with all aspects upstream process development including medium design, fed-batch and perfusion processes.
- Knowledge of design of experiments and use of statistics for data analysis.
- Demonstrated experience in technical transfer of processes.
- Experience with scale up and scale down.
Entitlement to work in the USA is essential. Please quote reference 49550 in all correspondence.
You MUST be eligible to work in United States. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Naynesh Mistry
- Phone: 01246 457700
- Reference: 49550
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 7th January 2021
- Expires: 4th February 2021