We are currently looking for a Fermentation Scientist to join a leading biotechnology company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Fermentation Scientist you will be responsible for the R&D of microbial fermentation processes for the production of bacterial therapeutics.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Fermentation Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Formulation of fermentation media and processing of this to aid the growth of anaerobic bacteria.
2. As the fermentation scientist you will, document all experimental work to understand the function and physiology of novel bacteria.
3. Use fermenters and other bioprocessing techniques to produce live bacterial therapeutics.
4. Assisting with process transfer from research and development to GMP manufacturing with regards to microbial fermentation.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Fermentation Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. A relevant BSc, MSc, MRes or PhD in a life science or bioprocess related discipline (e.g. Microbiology, Bioprocess Engineering, Biotechnology, etc.) is required for the position.
2. Proven industry experience in a bioprocess development environment which uses fermentation technology. An understanding of GMP is desirable.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience of the anaerobic fermentation of bacteria
Key Words: Bioprocess / Fermentation / Upstream / Downstream / Biotechnology / GMP / Microbiology / Bacteria / Therapeutics / Anaerobic bacteria / Cambridgeshire / Process development / Media development / Fermentation optimisation / Optimisation
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Sarah Audit
- Phone: 0203 910 2980
- Reference: J5634249
Website: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Posted: 7th January 2021
- Expires: 4th February 2021