Business Development Manager
Location: Office based from Merseyside when not travelling
Sector: Consultancy services to the STEM sector
Salary: Competitive base salary with attractive OTE
Working with a broad range of business across the Engineering, Science, Technology and related sectors our client provides value add solutions to organisations engaged in R&D activities. They specialist in supporting business to identify and maximise opportunities to claim R&D Tax credits from HMRC. This role is a new business development role and will involve identifying and engaging with qualifying organisations to understand their R&D project activities and outline the tax saving they could realise.
The role would suit an ambitious, outgoing sales professional with either a background selling products/services into engineering, science or technology businesses; or financial services to professional organisations. You will take full responsibility for identifying and developing leads to the point of sale. The role is office based from a Merseyside Head Office with travel to meet customers across the UK. Full training will be provided but candidate with a background working in/selling to R&D within STEM would be much preferred. Alternatively a proven background selling professional/financial services in to industry would also be considered.
Specific duties will include but are not limited to:
Identify leads throughout the UK and actively develop the relationship to convert the lead into a new business opportunity;
- Have a detailed overview of the proposition and able to research and identify new markets which could present new business development opportunities
- Negotiate contracts with clients for the provision of business services.
- Attend client meetings and assess the opportunity and support the progression through to successful conclusion of any tax claim
- Work with the operation team to ensure a high level of service is provided to the client
- Build strong business relationships with clients to ensure year on year working with accounts
- Attend trade and business relevant seminars, meetings and exhibitions throughout the UK;
- Identify, plan and oversee appropriate marketing activities and opportunities
- Maintain a high degree of technical knowledge in relation to the business services provided
- Identify opportunities to x-sell other opportunities for financial services within the broader group
Successful candidates will ideally have a degree (or higher) in a science or engineering discipline. Previous work experience in a science or engineering organisation would be preferred along with an understanding of the R&D process. Proven B2B sales background is essential and candidates must have several years’ experience selling in to industry. Candidates must be fluent in English and have a UK driving license.
For additional information please contact Richard Taylor
- Agency: Taylorollinson
- Contact: Richard Taylor
- Posted: 7th January 2021
- Expires: 4th February 2021