CK Group are recruiting for a Programme Manager to join The Vaccines Manufacturing and Innovation Centre (VMIC) at their site based in Oxfordshire on a permanent basis.
The Vaccines Manufacturing and Innovation Centre (VMIC) has been established to provide the UK\'s first strategic vaccine development and advanced manufacturing capability. VMIC will fast track development and manufacture of early stage vaccine products, as well as serve as the UK\'s response capability to produce vaccines against emerging infectious diseases. They have already taken a leading role in the Government\'s national response to COVID-19.
New starters can expect to join an exciting fast paced organisation, with ambitious growth plans. With a flat structure, employees will have exposure to senior leaders and be part of an organisation that has a start-up mentality but is backed by UK Government, and industry and academic founders.
Working through collaborative ventures with industry, academia and NGOs, VMIC will ultimately strengthen and innovate the UK\'s vaccines sector. Their state-of-the-art vaccines manufacturing facility will be located on the renowned Harwell Science and Innovation Campus near Didcot in Oxfordshire.
This role is located in Oxfordshire where VMICs state-of-the-art manufacturing facility will be based at the renowned Harwell campus.
Programme Manager Role:
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Programme / Project Manager who will thrive on working in a fast-paced start-up environment and will be highly adaptable to changing requirements and requests.
Your main duties will be to:
· Own and manage the customer relationship for assigned projects, coordinating with Business Development as well as building and maintaining strong relationships within VMIC and partner organisations.
· Ensure that projects are initiated and planned so that they are set up for success and delivered within the agreed scope, timeline, budget and quality.
· Manage projects through a stage/gate governance process.
· Be responsible for all financial aspects of projects including; providing forecasts and actuals, controlling cost and invoicing.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
· A qualification at degree level or above in a scientific discipline with significant experience and proven success in a Project Delivery and Management position in the biotech industry.
· Proven leadership skills, including the ability to lead teams without direct authority.
· Customer/stakeholder management experience, ideally in a regulated environment
· Experience of managing contracts and budgets.
· A project management qualification.
Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. Please quote reference 49510 in all correspondence.
VMIC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any other protected characteristic. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and without discrimination.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Mary Bolt
- Phone: 01438 743047
- Reference: 49510
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 6th January 2021
- Expires: 3rd February 2021