HRS currently looking for a Protein R&D Scientist - Bioassays to join a leading pharmaceutical company based in South Wales. As the Protein R&D Scientist - Bioassays you will be responsible for developing and performing analytical work focused on in vitro bioassays for protein characterisation.
This is a great opportunity for a PhD candidate who has strong experience in protein biochemistry and developed various assays such as ELISA, SDS Page, Western Blot, Colourimetric assays, Luminescence assays etc. You will also work on other techniques such as HPLC, UPLC, Mass Spec, NMR etc.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Protein R&D Scientist - Bioassays will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will set up in vitro bioassays including but not limited to ELISA, SDS Page, Western Blot, Colourimetric assays, Luminescence assays etc
2. You will perform routine analytical techniques such as HPLC, UPLC, SEC, LCMS and NMR.
3. You will collaborate with the wider R&D Team to ensure successful completion of the early stage pharma development projects.
4. You will perform data analysis and communicate the results internally and externally when needed.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Protein R&D Scientist - Bioassay we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a (Protein) Biochemistry, Chemistry, Structural Biology, Biological Sciences etc.
2. Proven industry or academic experience in designing/ troubleshooting and performing analytical assays such as ELISA, SDS Page, Western Blot, Colourimetric assays, Luminescence assays.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with HPLC, UPLC, SEC, LCMS and NMR is desirable.
Key Words: Scientist / PhD Graduate / Protein Biochemistry / Biochemistry / Assay Development / Bioassays / Analytical / ELISA / SDSPage / Luminescence Assays / NMR / HPLC
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Christina Giakou
- Phone: 0203 910 2980
- Reference: J5634241
Website: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Posted: 5th January 2021
- Expires: 2nd February 2021