We are currently looking for an Upstream Process Development Scientist to join an exciting biotechnology company based in the Berkshire area. As the Upstream Process Development Scientist you will be responsible for performing cell culture and bioreactor process development, optimisation and characterisation studies for the production of biotherapeutics.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Upstream Process Development Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will be responsible for performing process development using shake flasks and bioreactors, optimisation of media and feed strategies, cell counts, viability and cell culture.
2. As the Upstream Process Development Scientist, you will work closely with the Scientists in Analytical Development and Downstream Process Development, and may be cross-trained in these areas to support the wider team.
3. You will be required to support the technology transfer of cell culture, bioreactor and harvest procedures for the biotherapeutic products.
4. It will be your responsibility to perform data analysis and interpretation, delivering internal and external presentation and preparing reports suitable for GLP/GMP use and CMC submissions.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Upstream Process Development Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant BSc or MSc degree in Biochemical Engineering, Biotechnology, Biochemistry or similar is required.
2. Proven industry experience working with bioreactors (Stirred Tank / Hollow Fiber / Wave Systems / Ambr) is essential.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience working with cell culture and upstream processes in a highly regulated environment (GLP/GMP) will be advantageous.
Key Words: Upstream | Process Development | USP | QbD | DoE | GMP | Biopharmaceuticals | Biotherapeutic | Biotechnology | ATMP | CMC| Bioreactor | Cell Culture | Tech Transfer | Cell Banking | Manufacturing | Antibody | CHO | Laboratory
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Georgina Beer
- Phone: 0203 910 2980
- Reference: J5634022
Website: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Posted: 5th January 2021
- Expires: 2nd February 2021