NMR Analytical Lead required, based in Greater Manchester. Requiring knowledge and experience of NMR instrumentation and excellent problem solving skills.
Title: NMR Analytical Lead
Location: Greater Manchester
Salary: £35,000 - £43,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
SRG is currently working with a global and innovative business who have been producing speciality chemical ingredients for a range of diverse applications. The business is now looking for an NMR Analytical Lead to join their analytical team based in their state of the art research and development site in Greater Manchester. Specialising in NMR analysis, this role involves providing a major technical input whilst resolving complex analytical problems using expert chemical knowledge. Perhaps you have recently completed a PhD or completed postdoctoral research surrounding analytical chemistry and NMR, or maybe you are an expert in this field already within industry? Either way, this is a great opportunity to challenge yourself in a role where every day is different.
Benefits: You will join a successful and well-established analytical team at their state of the art R&D centre. 37.5 working hours per week, Monday - Friday with flexibility on start/finish times). 25 days holiday + 8 statutory days and pension scheme.
- Develop expertise & lead the development of NMR as an analytical technique to progress new products to market and process improvements
- Utilise NMR, MS & other techniques to monitor/troubleshoot reactions (including products not meeting specifications, metal/oil contamination, identifying black specs etc.)
- Combine both NMR & Mass Spectroscopy data to identify unknowns
- Provide information as requested by other departments e.g. information for registration of new & existing products, customer requests and Raw Material and Product Procurement
- Proven capability, experience and knowledge of NMR to solve complex analytical problems
- Familiar with Bruker 400mHZ instrumentation
- Experienced in cryogenics (Liquid Helium & Nitrogen fills)
- Knowledge of other analytical techniques is desirable (HPLC, GCMS, IR)
- Minimum degree in Chemistry (or similar)
- Prospective candidates with PhDs encouraged to apply
- Good organisation skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Able and willing to work independently
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com. For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Chris on 0161 868 2225.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: analysis, NMR, nuclear magnetic resonance, MS, mass spectroscopy, Bruker, analytical, speciality chemicals, analyst, analytical, testing, troubleshoot, metal, oil, contamination, identification, identifying, unknown
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2158398
- Posted: 4th January 2021
- Expires: 1st February 2021