Senior Scientist - Protein Purification / Characterisation
£38,000 - £45,000 + Benefits
Permanent Positions, London Based
Are you a Scientist experienced in Protein Purification and/or Protein Characterisation techniques?
Would you like to work for a leading Pharmaceutical / Healthcare manufacturing organisation?
My client are a leading Pharmaceutical organisation based in London, manufacturing a range of high-quality medicinal products, with a strong market presence. They are currently looking to hire Senior Scientists within their Protein Purification & Characterisation divisions. Working within R&D, the successful candidates will oversee development projects and provide scientific insight and expertise in the field of protein purification and/or protein characterisation and analysis.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a successful, growing organisation with a strong portfolio of on market products, as well as a promising development pipeline.
Key Responsibilities of the Senior Scientist - Protein Purification / Characterisation will include;
- Oversee the timely delivery of development projects, updating key stakeholders throughout.
- Lead the development and optimisation of methods and processes, ensuring GLP/GMP regulatory compliance as required.
- Provide scientific knowledge and expertise within protein purification and/or protein characterisation and analysis (e.g. AKTA, Chromatography: Ion Exchange / Affinity, Filtration: Viral / Ultra / Depth, Precipitation, HPLC, UPLC, ELISA & Chromogenic assays etc.)
- Lead and manage a small team of direct reports (Scientists), supporting their development and progression.
- Assist with compliance investigations (e.g. change controls and audits).
- Frequent interaction with internal teams, including production, QC, QA and R&D colleagues.
To be considered for the Senior Scientist - Protein Purification / Characterisation, you will need the following skills and experience;
- BSc/MSc/PhD in a relevant scientific subject (Biochemistry, Biomedical Science, Pharmaceutical Science, Biotechnology, Immunology, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Infectious Disease etc.)
- Significant experience working with protein purification and/or protein characterisation and analysis techniques (e.g. AKTA, Chromatography: Ion Exchange / Affinity, Filtration: Viral / Ultra / Depth, Precipitation, HPLC, UPLC, ELISA & Chromogenic assays etc.)
- Experience of scientific leadership, including demonstratable experience in line or matrix management.
- Demonstratable understanding of pharmaceutical regulatory guidelines (Good Manufacturing Practice - GMP).
- Excellent communication skills in order to work effectively with senior colleagues, team members and key stakeholders.
- Strong written skillset in order to prepare documentation, technical scientific reports, and presentations.
Key Words "Protein Purification, Protein Analysis, Protein Characterisation, Senior Scientist, Scientist, Analytical Scientist, Method Development, Method Optimisation, AKTA, Chromatography, Filtration, HPLC, UPLC, ELISA, Pharmaceutical, Biopharmaceutical, GMP, GLP, GxP, London"
Please apply online or call Katie-May Kress on 0203 0964711 for more information
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Contact: Katie-May Kress
- Phone: 0203 096 4711
- Reference: J35327
- Updated: 22nd February 2021
- Expires: 22nd March 2021