Title Chromatography Technician
Location Gloucestershire Salary 19-23K
The company are well placed in the food industry and provide scientific, technical and legislative support to the food, drinks and allied industries worldwide
Benefits: 24 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, Pension scheme, Excellent training, Health Scheme and 'Death in Service' scheme, subsidised restaurant, Free parking on site
Role / Description
The Chromatography Section comprises several teams of analytical chemists testing food samples for chemical contaminants and nutritional components using chromatographic and mass spectrometric techniques.
You will undertake pesticide residue analysis by LC-MS/MS and GC-MS/MS techniques and associated activities within the section.
- Carry out analysis of foodstuffs and interpretation of results relating to the food industry according to client instructions, within agreed timescales.
- Carry out administrative tasks relating to analytical work e.g. sample receipt and booking in of samples into LIMS
- Perform method development activates under the direction of a senior analyst. Collect data and produce reports.
- To work in a safe manner in accordance with departmental policies.
- To work in accordance with the Management system.
- To keep neat and orderly records of results and other relevant information.
- Degree or equivalent in chemistry, analytical chemistry or similar or relevant laboratory experience
- Trained an experienced in the use of GC-MS/MS and LC-MS/MS instrumentation and software
- Experience using Microsoft packages
- word/excel/outlook/PowerPointExperience working within an accreditation scheme
- Ability to work in a small team
- Flexibility to work on a number of tasks and manage priorities
Excellent opportunity to work in a renowned food research organisation at the heart of the global food industry
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to James.Windridge@srgtalent.com For more information regarding this position or any others, please call James on 0121 728 8450
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies
Keywords: LC-MS/MS, GC-MS/MS, Analytical chemistry
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2157894
- Posted: 24th December 2020
- Expires: 21st January 2021