Head of Biology - Biotechnology R&D - Cambridge
Newton Colmore Consulting are working with an exciting start-up in Cambridge who are looking for an experienced scientist to join as Head of Biology.
Upon joining the company, you will be using your molecular biology expertise to help steer and shape the development of this start-up's new technology. You will be leading a team of scientists and engineers with the sole aim of achieving a step-change in biophysics.
With an initial bias toward laboratory-based work, you will design and carry out experiments to test and optimise product performance and reliability. Your extensive experience will enable you to think and plan independently to achieve project goals that will directly impact the success of the company. You will be capable of translating your life sciences insights into practical engineered solutions.
You will grow a team of molecular biology and biophysics around you and will be reporting directly to the director of the team, meaning that the role will shift as the company expands.
To be considered for this exciting role you will need to have the following;
- Technical leadership experience within biotechnology, ideally leading multidisciplinary teams
- Hands-on experience in molecular biology and biophysical methods including hybridisation, amplification, detection and purification.
- Demonstratable experience that you have managed complex projects under time pressure in a pragmatic manner
- Impressive academic record in either molecular biology or biophysics.
In exchange for your skills and expertise, the company offer a highly competitive package and the chance to lead a start-up's R&D team and bring the technology to life.
For more information, please call Matthew Lowdon of Newton Colmore Consulting on 0121 268 2240 or make an application and one of our team will be in touch.
Newton Colmore Consulting is a highly specialist recruitment consultancy operating within the Medical Devices, Scientific Engineering, Scientific Software, Robotics, Science, Electronics Design, New Product Design, Human Factors, Regulatory Affairs, Quality Assurance and Field Service Engineering sectors throughout Europe and the US.
Key words: Molecular Biology, Biophysics, Head of Biology, Biotechnology, Research and Development, Cambridge
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Newton Colmore Consulting
- Reference: TW-NC-04102993
Website: Newton Colmore Consulting
- Posted: 24th December 2020
- Expires: 21st January 2021