We are currently looking for a Associate Scientist/Scientist - Antibody Engineering to join an exciting start-up Biotechnology business company based Cambridgeshire area. As the Associate Scientist/Scientist - Antibody Engineering you will have the opportunity to be one of the first scientists in this exciting new Immuno-oncology organisation focused on the development of novel immunotherapies.
Your role will be to help set-up the laboratories and begin the first experiments focused on Antibody expression and purification for the discovery of novel antibodies targeting the tumour micro-environment.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Associate Scientist/Scientist - Antibody Engineering will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will perform recombinant protein and antibody expression, purification and characterisation using Bacterial and Mammalian expression systems.
2. You will create reporter cell lines using molecular techniques and vector transfection for mammalian cell line engineering.
3. You will use a range of analytical assays to assess Antibody and Cell Line validity. These include but are not limited to ELISA, Flow Cytometry, HTRF and other fluorescence and cell-based assays.
4. You will help set up and manage the lab environment and ensure the correct and accurate recording and reporting of data.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Associate Scientist/Scientist - Antibody Engineering we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Life Sciences discipline where you have had a focused education on Protein Biochemistry as well as Molecular Biology.
2. Proven experience in with Protein / Antibody expression, purification and characterisation as well sa Mammalian cell culture and molecular Biology for cell line engineering
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with a range of techniques including but not limited HPLC, DNA Extraction, Vector / Plasmid trasfection, PCR, Cell Culture, Cell-based assays, ELISA, Flow cytometry etc.
Key Words: Protein Chemistry | Protein Biochemistry | Antibody Engineering | Antibody Discovery | Protein Characterisation | Protein Purification | Cell Culture | Mammalian Cell Culture | Expression | Purification ELISA
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Georgia Walden
- Phone: 0203 910 2980
- Reference: J5634209
Website: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Posted: 23rd December 2020
- Expires: 20th January 2021