CK Group are recruiting for a Senior Scientist to join a well-funded biotech start-up, to join the Protein and Antibody Engineering Group, working on protein characterisation assays. This position is offered on a permanent basis.
Our client is a well funded start-up, with a focus on novel cancer and auto-immune therapy discovery. They are entering a period of rapid growth, and are expanding their team in the Greater Boston area.
Senior Analytical Scientist, Protein Engineering Role:
The successful candidate will contribute to advancement of the research and early development pipeline of novel biotherapeutics targeting Oncology. The primary purpose of the role is the analytical and functional characterisation of Biomolecules.
Your specific responsibilities will include:
- Executing various protein characterization assays to advance innovative biotherapeutic products through discovery and optimization stages.
- Analysis of biotherapeutics (including monoclonal, bispecific, and trispecific antibodies, fusion proteins, and protein conjugates) by common methods.
- You will work in an independent manner to perform protein analysis including (but not limited to) SDS-PAGE, flow cytometry, ELISA, octet, HPLC, DSF, and cell based functional assays.
- Performing protein expression and purification as needed.
The main focus of your work will be bench laboratory work, with additional responsibility for analysis, interpretation and documentation of results, as well as developing interpersonal relationships with colleagues and external stakeholders.
To be considered for the position you should have the following skills and expertise:
- Educated to a minimum of Bachelors degree level, (and ideally PhD level) in a relevant scientific discipline
- A strong foundation in protein characterisation techniques.
- Experience gained in an industrial setting.
For more information or to apply for this Senior Analytical Scientist position, please contact Sarah Farrow on 0044 191 3706486 or firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting job ref 49518.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the USA.
You MUST be eligible to work in United States. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Sarah Farrow
- Phone: 0191 384 8906
- Reference: 49518
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 22nd December 2020
- Expires: 19th January 2021