£20,000 - £24,000 (dependent on experience)
My client is a leading provider of chemical waste treatment, disposal and recycling services in the UK, and we are currently recruiting a Site Chemist with HNC qualification or above in Chemistry or a related subject, to work at their waste treatment facility.
On offer is an outdoors, day's based role where you will receive on the job training from industry experts to allow you to progress within the waste management/environmental industry.
General Accountabilities and Key Tasks:-
- Assisting the Senior Site Chemist and the Site Manager
- The safe management of associated procedures relating to the efficient reception, inspection and routing of waste materials on site.
- Implementation and development of process modelling and control.
- Provision of technical support to the operation, including the running and development of existing and new processes.
- Compliance with the company's EPR Permit and other regulatory consents.
- Compliance with the company's operating procedures.
- Compliance with the company's health and safety policy, site safety rules and environmental policy of all personnel.
- Provision of supervision and training with regard to company procedures and work instructions.
- Maintenance and development of paperwork and operational systems.
- Liaison with other company departments.
- Compliance with all relevant environmental and health and safety procedures
- Development and maintenance of housekeeping procedures to ensure a clean and tidy site that fully meets compliance standards
- HNC or equivalent qualification in Chemistry, or higher - essential requirement (degree preferred)
- Prior industrial waste experience desired
Hours of work on a rotating shift pattern (currently 06.00 to 15.00 and 09.00 to 18.00 hrs), Mon to Fri
Full training (including environmental legislation and regulation) provided. Great opportunity to build a real career.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively, please email a copy of your CV.
For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Tom Matthews on 0121 728 8451
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2158375
- Posted: 21st December 2020
- Expires: 18th January 2021