Occitanie area, France. Full time position
Medicinal Chemistry - Drug Discovery - Drug Design - Global - Integrated Projects
Paramount Recruitment are working with a leading player in the drug discovery field who are looking for a key member of their global medicinal chemistry leadership team in South France. We are excited to look for someone who can bring fresh ideas, innovation and strategic vision!
This company have been established for almost 30 years and has leading scientists, state-of-the-art technologies as well as key therapeutic expertise in neuroscience, immunology, metabolic diseases, oncology and infectious diseases. The company intends to develop best-in-class and first-in-class differentiated therapeutics and has long standing relationships with many of the world's top 20 pharmaceutical companies. They operate worldwide, but have their HQ in Europe along with more than 5 offices and 3000 employees.
The VP Discovery Chemistry will provide strong scientific, operational and strategic leadership to a group of around 40-50 chemists in addition to functional management responsibilities. The position will have responsibility for the successful leadership and execution of integrated drug discovery collaborations across sites. This can include overseeing projects across disciplines internally, liaising with clients and collaborators, planning and coordinating the scientific activities and resources required to meet timelines and budget.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Play a key role in leading and managing the Chemistry department to facilitate the attainment of business goals and objectives
- Develop and nurture scientific and discipline excellence to further develop the proposition of drug design excellence as a fundamental component of integrated drug discovery
- Drive the high quality execution of research activities; contribute and foster high levels of innovation in order to deliver transformative outcomes for clients and patients
- Supervise, co-ordinate and review the work of their reports to ensure high quality research thereby achieving high customer satisfaction levels
- Achieve efficient resource utilisation and work collaboratively with other departments to ensure project objectives are achieved within pre-defined budget and timelines
- Provide scientific leadership for projects (across sites); contribute to proposals, responsible for the budget, meeting timelines, client communication, liaison with Business Development and Alliance Management etc.
- Develop new customer opportunities, and build productive working relationships with existing clients
- Help to recruit, motivate and develop talented individuals for a variety of technical roles
Experience and attributes:
- PhD in Organic/Medicinal Chemistry or equivalent
- Extensive leadership experience within the pharmaceutical industry with a track record of innovation and demonstrated contributions to advancing compounds to development candidate selection
- Comprehensive medicinal chemistry and broad drug discovery knowledge with expertise across a range of therapeutic areas and targets Expertise in synthetic methodologies, drug design principles, computational methods and structure-based drug design
- Evidence of effectively leading mid-sized functional and project teams with experience in strategic planning, project leadership, laboratory and budget management
- Background of collaborative problem solving across drug discovery functions and flexibility to manage complexity and ambiguity in a highly matrixed work environment
- Strong international scientific reputation, as evidenced by publications, patents, and invited presentations
- Strong capabilities to attract, recruit, teach and develop/mentor experienced and junior scientists
- Strong communication, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Dynamic and highly self-motivated with the ability to work collaboratively within cross-functional teams
- Commercial mindset; capable of making good business-focused decisions
Please don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or apply to this advert for more information. Yours and the company's safety are extremely important and we will be interviewing / onboarding virtually where needed during the pandemic.
Keywords: VP Chemistry, Medicinal Chemistry, Drug Discovery, Drug Design, Computational Chemistry, France, Occitanie, Biotech, Pharmaceutical, CRO
You MUST be eligible to work in France. Learn more
- Agency: Paramount Recruitment
- Reference: JPVP2608
Website: Paramount Recruitment
- Updated: 12th January 2021
- Expires: 9th February 2021