An innovate young start-up business that has recently acquired a major round of investment is currently recruiting for a Microencapsulation Scientist to its team based in Cambridge. The business focuses on a natural alternative to plastic, stemming from plant-based protein - a first of its kind in industry. As Microencapsulation Scientist, you will play a vital role in the R&D group support product development of microcapsule products - focusing on fragrance microcapsules.
Microencapsulation Scientist Responsibilities
- Support and provide technical input on R&D projects to develop plant protein microcapsules for fragrance encapsulation.
- Assist with the scaling-up of sample products from 10ml to 100ml sizes - working closely with the Chemical Engineering team.
- Support the Product Development team in producing fragrance capsules - which will be targeted to the FMCG market.
- Liaise with cross functional teams to analyse fragrance microcapsule sensory assignments.
- Conduct analytical experiments to assess and measure material properties
- Provide technical feedback to external parties/customers as and when required.
Microencapsulation Scientist Requirements
- Degree qualification in Chemistry, Material Science, Chemical Engineering - ideally at PhD level, but MSc will be accepted.
- Either academic or industrial experience working with fragrance microcapsules.
- Sound knowledge of microencapsulation.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to work well in both a wider team and/or independently. Hands-on approach with excellent laboratory operating skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
In return, the business can provide a fantastic platform to excel your career within an innovative R&D environment coupled with a very competitive package including company share options and rapid career development.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 6722
- Updated: 21st January 2021
- Expires: 18th February 2021