Sales Manager – Analytical Services
Location: Home Office
Salary: £comp plus good bonus
Territory: UK mainly but with some international travel
Exciting opportunity to join a highly specialised and fast grow analytical services organisation providing testing solutions to the pharma, biotech and broader sectors. This leadership role represents an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, successful and accomplished sales leader with a track-record of delivering results through their team. The successful candidate will be part of the SMT and will take responsibility for setting and delivering the sales strategy for the organisation. Working closely with your team, the successful candidate will draw on their background managing commercial professionals to develop and drive success and performance. Working with a global customer base, you and your team will be responsible for selling the organisations highly specialised testing capabilities to the pharma, biotech, medical devices and associated industries and build upon their reputation for delivering high quality testing solutions and customer support.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experiences:
- Degree qualified analytical chemist or closely related (higher qualifications would be advantageous but not essential)
- Hands-on analytical chemistry laboratory experience with a good understanding of a range of analytical chemistry techniques including chromatography and/or Mass Spec
- Several years proven sales management skills; able to drive and develop individuals and a team
- Inspirational leader, able to set a strategy and motivate others to embrace and deliver on goals
- Commercially aware corporate personnel; able to deliver sales plans in-line with stretching corporate targets whilst maintaining high quality standards and regulatory compliance
- Proven track-record delivering high value sales; managing long sales cycles and dealing with complex and highly technical propositions; building strong relationships with clients to achieve sales and grow accounts
- An excellent communicator with all stakeholders through oral, written and presentation skills
- Resourceful; efficient and results orientated. Able to work independently to resolve issues but also take direction when required.
Ideally the successful candidate will be based in North West England but they would consider candidates based further afield providing they are happy to travel to the lab on a regular basis (weekly). Managing your team and a global customer base; this role will be mainly office orientated (home or HO) dealing with stakeholders through calls, emails and video streaming in addition to face to face meetings and attending events/conferences when required.
The successful candidate must be eligible to work in the UK; will be fluent in English and will have a UK driving license.
For additional information please contact Richard Taylor
- Agency: Taylorollinson
- Contact: Richard Taylor
- Posted: 8th December 2020
- Expires: 2nd February 2021