A great opportunity has arisen for an experienced Project Manager to join a successful Engineering team based in the West Country/ Cornwall area.
Responsible for managing and coordinating key phases of a project life cycle, from initial feasibility, preliminary design and estimating, through detailed engineering and design, procurement construction, commissioning and hand-over of equipment packages, ensuring delivery of safe, efficient, reliable, timely, innovative and competitive manufacture plants. Specifically, responsible for leading internal Projects and supporting key partner projects globally. Therefore ability and flexibility to travel both domestically and internationally is essential. In general, work with and maintain relationships with external engineering/design partner plus as required in-country engineering/design partners, plus key equipment suppliers/partners.
BSc or Masters Degree in Mechanical, Chemical or Electrical Engineering.
Extensive experience in industrial process sector (ideally minerals and/or pulp and paper).
Experience in the design, construction and commissioning of process plants required.
Advanced knowledge and experience in either Mechanical and/or Electrical Equipment specification, design, installation and operation beneficial
Experience of other engineering disciplines (i.e. Document Management, Scope Development and Estimating, Design Hazard Review/Hazop, Solids Material Handling Engineering) and/or other competency / qualification (i.e. CE / PED, Machinery Directive, etc.) desirable.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Lead feasibility studies (FEL 1) / preliminary (FEL 3) design work for 2-3 new opportunities per annum, including site/customer visits and surveys, CAPEX / OPEX estimates, within time and budget constraints.
- Development of all key Project Management documentation including Scope Defintion, Project Execution Plans (including Procurement, Resource, Quality, etc), Program / Schedule, CAPEX estimate, Risk Management Plan, etc.
- Manage and coordinate key phases of a project life cycle, from initial feasibility, preliminary design and estimating, through detailed engineering and design, procurement construction, commissioning and handover of equipment packages/small plants systems/plants, ensuring delivery of safe, efficient, reliable, timely, innovative and competitive manufacturing plants.
- Coordinate all engineering design work, and procurement activities, plus provide on-site support during construction and commissioning on the larger internal projects, in line with the schedule, budget and contract commitments.
- Support the Senior Project Manager to define appropriate engineering/design, procurement, construction and commissioning strategies for each project.
- Lead the various Design Reviews during the project execution including HAZOP, Constructability/Maintainability/Operability reviews and Design Risk Assessments.
- Support the Senior Project Manager with project forecasting and deliverable / cost/schedule progress reporting and control. Manage the project scope change / variance management procedure
- Co-ordinate and manage contractors, vendors and consultants with special emphasis on Environmental, Health and Safety as well as budget, program and quality.
- Ensure all designs meet internal and customer standards/requirements and relevant safety legislation and techniques e.g. PED, Machinery Directive, PSSR, CDM, etc.
- Ensure the output from third party engineering / design companies is acceptable in terms of competitiveness, quality, professionalism and timeliness.
- Lead efforts to optimise the capital and operational costs of process plants through innovative and creative design, and the Value Engineering program.
- Maintain a current knowledge in health and safety: LOTOTO (Lock out, Tag Out, Try Out), RAMs (Risk and Method Statements), Safe Methods of Work, Confined Space Entry, Working at Heights, Stored Energy, Forklift Safety,
- Maintain a current knowledge and experience in Engineering/Design methods, sequences and tools.
- Carry out structured root cause analysis on plant and equipment to determine the cause and mode of failure.
- Maintain awareness of relevant global engineering trends and inventions.
- Maintain awareness of relevant engineering legislation and important changes thereto.
- Ensure proper Project Document Control using the company Document Control System.
- Help manage and co-ordinate key suppliers and contractors to ensure key project requirements are attained.
- Support construction and commissioning teams during construction and commissioning including, as required on-site support per project needs i.e. Technical Queries, Contractor/Vendor supervision, Problem Resolution, Snagging, Close-out and Hand-over process and documentation etc. .
The Project Engineer will have well developed people skills, especially communication and team working; problem solving; flexibility; mental resilience; professionalism; calm manner; positive attitude; numeracy; approachable; strong intuition; committed; practical, realistic but optimistic; company minded.
To apply for this position, candidates must be able to drive and eligible to live and work in the UK
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: ST Recruitment
- Contact: Sam
- Phone: 01737 241823
- Reference: CP20
Website: ST Recruitment
- Updated: 21st December 2020
- Expires: 15th February 2021