Are you an experienced research technician looking for a new exciting job opportunity?
We are currently looking for a Research Technician to join a global animal health company based in the Lothian area.
As the Research Technician you will be assisting in the running of research projects associated with the company\'s aquaculture vaccine R&D pipeline, and will include oversight of the laboratory, in addition to assisting with research project planning and implementation.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Research Technician will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Your time will be split between laboratory based research responsibilities as well as documentation and laboratory maintenance. You will be responsible for processing and archiving in vivo vaccine trial samples, for example, blood serum for ELISA and tissue samples for qRT-PCR or qPCR.
2. You will be responsible for the oversight and maintenance of equipment in the laboratory, ordering supplies and equipment as required, maintain and document laboratory stocks and additionally, help with the implementation of QA and QC standards in the laboratory.
3. You will assist with data collection and recording, and sorting and summarizing of data from experiments / in vivo vaccine trials, ensuring accuracy and integrity of data. Additionally, you will also aid with the design, planning and implementation of vaccine efficacy and safety trials.
4. As the Research Technician, you will be part of a small team where you will be involved and responsible for the overall running and maintenance of the laboratory. The will also includes tasks such as sample processing or archiving, implementing of a Quality Management System, SOP writing and Health and Safety document writing too.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Research Technician we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Minimum Bachelor\'s biological sciences degree as well as post graduate relevant laboratory experience is essential. Experience of qPCR and/or ELISA is also essential for this position.
2. Practical experience or strong knowledge of molecular biology, microbiology or chromatography techniques such as affinity and size exclusion chromatography based purification of proteins would be desirable.
3. Knowledge and experience of epitope mapping and / or protein structure determination such as X-ray crystallography and / or NMR spectroscopy is extremely advantageous but not essential.
Key Words: Research Technician | Aquaculture | Animal Health | Molecular Biology | Microbiology | Vaccines Research | Biological Science | Scientist | Chromatography
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Debra Fong
- Phone: 0203 910 2980
- Reference: J5634083
- Updated: 20th November 2020
- Expires: 18th December 2020