Job Title: Senior Analytical Chemist
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Contract: 2 Years
Pay Rate: Up to £21.34 an hour (circa £40,000 p.a.) DOE
SRG are currently working with a leading agrochemical company who are seeking a Senior Analytical Chemist to join them at their research & development site in Bracknell.
The Senior Analytical Chemist will be part of a team providing analytical science solutions in support of a project to address resistance control of malaria vectors.
- Provide specialist analytical methodology and data for agrochemical active ingredients and formulated products, in particular the characterisation of coated and incorporated polymer materials.
- Design experimental methods to provide more efficient ways of evaluating release rate and resilience properties of materials, as well as analysing samples using established methods such as (GC-FID, HPLC).
- Interpret results and present findings for multidisciplinary teams.
- Understand the effect to the product of changes made.
- Educated to degree level in Chemistry or a relevant scientific subject.
- Postgraduate experience in industry or academia (such as a PhD) in a troubleshooting or investigative role/environment.
- Extensive experience of analytical techniques and methods used for the qualitative and quantitative analysis of organic chemicals and active ingredients in technical materials and formulated products, in particular within polymers.
- Knowledge and demonstrable skills in investigative characterisation techniques such as NMR, GPC, IR and DSC.
A shortlist of applicants will be submitted to the client on Monday 30th November so apply now to avoid disappointment. For more information call Tolu Kuforiji on 0161 868 2248.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2157868
- Posted: 18th November 2020
- Expires: 16th December 2020