Senior Development Chemist required in Cheshire East. Requiring proven industrial experience of polymer chemistry, with knowledge of silane or silicone chemistry particularly desirable.
Title: Senior Development Chemist
Location: Cheshire East
Salary: £25,000 - £35,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
SRG is working with an industry leader of coatings in Cheshire East. They are currently seeking a Senior Development Chemist who will lead the company's technical development activities, supporting with the innovation and development of products for new and existing markets. This exciting role will also involve the liaison with distributors and customers, whilst providing hands-on technical support to the production team. In the future, there is also an opportunity for the successful candidate to develop into a member of the management team as R&D Manager.
Benefits: A successful and fast-paced company who are industry leaders. 37.5 working hours per week, 7:45am - 4:30pm (with flexibility), Monday to Friday. 22 days holiday + 8 bank holidays and workplace pension.
- Supporting with development and formulation of industrial coatings
- Provide hands-on support with the testing of products
- Scaling up of products from lab to full production
- Liaising with customers and distributors
- Degree in Chemistry or Polymer Science (or similar)
- Proven industrial experience in any aspect of Polymer Chemistry
- Particular experience of silane or silicone chemistry would be advantageous, but not essential
- Hands-on approach to the development and testing of products
- Able to manage own projects and adapt to changing priorities
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com. For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Chris on 0161 868 2225.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: chemistry, chemist, development, develop, R&D, research & development, formulate, formulation, formulating, coating, silane, silicone, industrial, construction coatings, elastomer, coating, polymer, mould
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2157870
- Posted: 16th November 2020
- Expires: 14th December 2020