Microbiologist required, based in Cheshire. Requiring minimum Master's level qualification in Microbiology, Biotechnology or similar discipline with microbiology as a major component. Industrial experience required in microbiology research & development, efficacy testing, biofilm research or antibacterial resistance testing.
Salary: Competitive, dependent on experience
SRG is working with a successful company specialising in the development of innovative chemical technology for use in the hygiene and cleaning product sectors. This year in particular has seen a huge increase in demand for their product and they are now looking to hire a new Microbiologist to join the R&D Team at their site in Cheshire. The role will involve testing and research to evaluate product efficacy, develop new methodologies and also conduct research into anti-bacterial resistance and biofilms to contribute to new technology and product development. This would be an excellent opportunity for a Master's or PhD-qualified Microbiologist with some industrial experience to join a growing business and conduct research at the leading edge of biocidal technology.
Benefits: Permanent role in forward-thinking business with a genuine focus on R&D, looking to advance their technology in this field. A modern and well-equipped working environment, with a highly collaborative team. 25 day holiday allowance, plus 8 statutory days, company pension scheme, life assurance, bonus and share options. Working hours of 36.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, with highly flexible start and finish times.
Role / Description
- Conducting research and development into effects of biocidal technology on a range of microbial models, including biofilms
- Investigating anti-microbial resistance and cross resistance
- Collaborating on research projects with academic and industrial partners
- Conducting microbiological testing to evaluate efficacy to BS EN Standards
- Working closely with the formulation team to support the development of new technologies
- Developing new microbiological test methodologies to support new claims or demonstrate relevant compliance
- Producing data to support intellectual property, new claims, and new products
- Defining the microbiological elements of product specifications
- Monitoring developments in regulations, microbiological science, and the wider industry to identify opportunities for research
- Documenting and reporting on experiments, results and project progression
- Minimum MSc in Microbiology or similar discipline with significant microbiology content
- Proven practical experience of microbiological testing or research in an industrial or post-doc setting
- Experience/knowledge working on biofilms, anti-bacterial resistance, anti-microbial technology or biocidal products considered highly advantageous
- Experience in working under or towards GLP or ISO standards considered beneficial but not essential
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Chris on 0161 868 2225.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: microbiology, microbiologist, biofilm, anti-bacterial, antibacterial, anti-microbial resistance, biocide, biocidal, efficacy, anti-viral, antimicrobial, hygiene, cell culture, testing, GLP, ISO, BS EN Standards, R&D
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Contact: Faye Allison
- Phone: 0161 868 2218
- Reference: J2157718
- Posted: 13th November 2020
- Expires: 11th December 2020