Regulatory Assistant required, based in Greater Manchester. Requiring experience and understanding of working with or producing Safety Data Sheets and some understanding of REACH regulation for chemicals.
Title: Regulatory Assistant
Location: Greater Manchester
Term: 6 month temporary contract
Salary: £18,000 - £20,000 per annum
SRG is working with a well-established coatings and inks manufacturer who have been consistently growing for a number of years. They are currently looking for a Regulatory Assistant to join the team to join on a temporary 6 month contract, ideally to start immediately. With Brexit approaching and a high level of customer demand for their products, this role will predominantly involve authoring Safety Data Sheets (SDS), supporting chemical registrations and notifications and recording technical data. It would be well-suited to an organised individual with a science background and some experience of working with or producing Safety Data Sheets. Knowledge of REACH and confidence with scientific data is also beneficial.
Benefits: 6 month contract in an independent company, supporting their preparation for business continuity post-Brexit. Fast-paced environment, supported by a company-wide Wellbeing Programme. 40 working hours a week, 9am - 5.30pm Monday to Friday, with some flexibility on start/finish times. Company pension enrolment after 3 months, 23 days' holiday allowance (pro rata) plus 8 bank holidays.
Role / Description
- Supporting the Regulatory Manager with authoring Safety Data Sheets for products using specialised software
- Checking data in SDS for errors and inconsistencies
- Collating and organising technical data for licensing application, REACH registrations and poison centre notifications
- Recording technical data of material volumes and lab data for import and export documentation
- Using Microsoft Excel to collate, record and process technical data
- Supporting the Regulatory Manager as needed with the delivery of the Brexit Business Continuity Plan
- Immediate availability or short notice
- Demonstrable experience and understanding of Safety Data Sheets relating to chemicals or chemical products
- Any experience of creating/authoring SDS or knowledge of REACH Regulations considered beneficial
- Science-based background through education or industry experience
- Lab experience advantageous but not essential
- Confidence with large scientific data sets, good organisation skills and a keen eye for detail
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Chris on 0161 868 2225
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: SDS, Safety Data Sheet, MSDS, Material Safety Data Sheet, TDS, Technical Data Sheet, regulatory, compliance, excel, chemical data, REACH, chemical safety, product safety, registration
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2157857
- Updated: 16th November 2020
- Expires: 14th December 2020