Process Development Scientist required for an immediate start, based in North Cheshire. Requiring a degree in Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Biochemical Engineering or similar, with proven experience of microbial fermentation within production plants or other industrial settings.
Title: Process Development Scientist
Location: North Cheshire
Salary: £28,000 - £35,000 (depending on experience)
Term: Temporary initially, with a view to permanent
SRG is working with a market leading global chemicals producer who continue to succeed and strengthen their delivery of innovative and sustainable solutions to some of the world's largest brands. They are currently seeking a Process Development Scientist to join their technical team at their site in North Cheshire with an immediate start. This exciting role will involve providing knowledge and expertise to develop new and existing microbial fermentation processes, providing technical support to other departments and managing various laboratory projects.
Benefits: You will join a welcoming multi-discipline technical team within a global leader in specialist chemicals, with access to share incentive plans. 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and pension scheme.
Working Hours: 35 hours per week, Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm (flexibility required)
- Design, carry out and critically evaluate laboratory experiments for downstream processing
- Support process development and optimisation of microbial fermentation process
- Troubleshooting manufacturing processes and fermentation product issues
- Scale up/scale down testing to solve process issues
- Running multiple projects, providing relevant technical documentation
- Support and liaise various departments including R&D, microbiology, QC and Process Operations
- Immediate availability or at short notice
- Degree in Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Biochemical Engineering or similar
- Proven experience of microbial fermentation in industrial setting
- Relevant understanding of aseptic techniques, bioreactors, shake flasks or cell banks
- Experience of supporting production
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com. For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Chris on 0161 868 2225.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords:microbes, microbial fermentation, ferment, biochemistry, biochemical, process development, plant, manufacturing, biofermentation, biotechnology, downstream processing, production, bacteria, peptides, bioactives, aseptic techniques, shake flask, cell banks, cell cultures
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Contact: Chris Beckenham
- Reference: J2157860
- Posted: 13th November 2020
- Expires: 11th December 2020