Due to continued investment, a medical device start-up has an exciting opportunity for Senior Scientist to join its team. As a Senior Scientist your main objective will be to help in the development and optimisation of the target binding magnetic bead products for clinical use. You must have a strong immunoassay development background, ideally with good knowledge of conjugation and surface functionalisation.
As a Senior Scientist your main objective will be to help in the development and optimisation of the target binding magnetic bead products for clinical use. You will be expected to manage and contribute to the design and development of new products (e.g. literature search, drafting new protocols, etc), as well as hands-on lab work testing the products under flow conditions. You will be expected to perform the necessary data analysis and interpretation and produce reports. At the same time, you will work along the engineering team to help in the translation of the laboratory protocols into clinical instructions for use. Your day to day will require both project management (supplier management, allocation of resources, risk analysis, etc), and hands-on lab work.
Experience working on the development of IVD devices such as lateral flow immunoassays would be a plus.
- Relevant life sciences degree (e.g. Biochemistry, Chemistry).
- Hands-on experience in a biochemistry lab (4 years minimum).
- Medical device, IVD or immunoassay development background.
- Data analysis and interpretation experience.
- Project management.
- People management.
- Antibody structure and stability.
- Bead/surface functionalisation with antibodies/proteins - good knowledge of conjugation methods.
- Magnetic bead knowledge/working experience.
- Haematology/blood interaction with beads or devices.
- Development of IVD devices.
- Working under an ISO13485 QMS
- 3% Company pension
- 25 days holiday
- Share options scheme
- Free beer Thursdays and Fridays in the office Flexible working
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 6696
- Posted: 12th November 2020
- Expires: 10th December 2020