CK Group are recruiting for a Scientist - Antibody Development, to join a leading biopharmaceutical organisation at their research and development facilities located in Slough, on an initial 12-month contract.
Our client is a global biopharmaceutical company whose medicine treats thousands of patients around the world who live with severe diseases.
This role is located on a well-established biopharma R&D facility based in Slough. There are good transport links whether you drive or even use public transport. Slough is a great place to live and work and is easily commutable from Reading, Oxford and London.
Your main duties will be to:
- Planning and execution of in vitro display library selections and immune repertoire screening experiments for the discovery of antibodies.
- Generation of high quality NGS datasets to support computational discovery approaches.
- Collaborate effectively with other teams at UCB including protein biochemists, structural biologists, computational scientists and CADD scientists.
- Perform a range of antibody binding assays to assess specificity and affinity.
- A PhD with extensive protein biochemistry knowledge ideally within the antibody space.
- An understanding of antibody repertoire sequencing (NGS) or analysis is required.
- An understanding of in vitro display technologies and/or other antibody discovery techniques would be an advantage.
- Experience of biochemical techniques used for molecular characterization such as ELISA, FACS, SPR or BLI is essential.
- Skills in the use of informatic and other computational platforms in antibody discovery e.g. either in the context of structural biology and/or analysis of next generation sequencing data would be an advantage.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact James Horne at CK Science on 0191 384 8906 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting job reference 49236.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: James Horne
- Phone: 0191 384 8905
- Reference: 49263
- Posted: 12th November 2020
- Expires: 10th December 2020