An international chemical company are currently seeking a Tax Accountant to join their finance team. Based at the company's European HQ the Tax Accountant will Support the Senior Tax Accountant and the Finance Controlling team with tax compliance, calculations and reconciliations. The Tax Accountant will also meet tax reporting requirements and deadlines, as well as provide accounting support involving R&D, pensions and leases. Along with a fantastic work environment the company also offer all new employees a first class benefits package including a final salary pension scheme.
- Preparation and submission of, Value Added Tax, EC Sales and Intrastat Returns for European and Middle East VAT registrations;
- Liaison with relevant VAT authorities;
- Ensure VAT compliance by keeping up to date with changes in legislation;
- Preparation of PAYE Settlement Agreements with HMRC;
- Preparation or review of quarterly US GAAP tax accruals and tax packages for all companies within Europe;
- Preparation of quarterly tax forecasts for EMEAI entities;
- Submission of quarterly CTSA tax payments for UK companies;
- Involvement in Transfer Pricing process and monitoring, including profitability analysis and review of master and local Files
- Preparation of annual R&D tax credit claims
Accounting and other
- Provide pension accounting support;
- Provide lease accounting support;
- Prepare/review annual tax disclosures in Statutory Financial Report
- Support Senior Tax Accountant and accounting team with legal entity changes and restructuring, as needed;
- Support tax projects, including Making Tax Digital developments and EU Mandatory Disclosure Regime
- Support the SAP4/HANA upgrade in 2021/22;
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations including tax, VAT accounts and other accounts as required to support the wider team;
- Keeping Sarbanes-Oxley and Senior Accounting Officer narratives and operating procedures up to date and performing all duties in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley controls.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in business, accounting, finance or related field or accounting qualification;
- Experience in direct, indirect tax and accounting function with knowledge and skills to perform efficiently with little training and guidance, typically acquired over 3 or more years of experience in similar roles.
- Good understanding of differences in US GAAP and local GAAP reporting
- Qualified ACA/ACCA or part qualified with a desire to complete examinations
- Working knowledge of Alphatax and Alphabridge
An appropriate combination of experiences that will support the required skill base may replace one or more of the specific experience requirements above.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of VAT regulations
- Strong ERP experience (preferably SAP)
- Demonstrates a knowledge of basic accounting/finance principles and practices
- Working knowledge of Alphatax or other tax return preparation software
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrates initiative and can work independently with only minimum supervision
- Able to cope with stress and work effectively to meet deadlines
- Able to cope with multiple work interruptions
- Demonstrates flexibility and can organize and prioritize work appropriately
- Able to work within a team environment
- Able to travel as required to other Afton locations within the EMEAI region and USA for projects and training as required.
Salary - £ Competitive + Excellent company benefits (incl. final salary pension scheme).
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 6697
- Posted: 11th November 2020
- Expires: 9th December 2020