Production Manager - Biotechnology / Medical Device
£45,000 to £60,000 annually
Permanent Position, Kent Based
Do you have experience working within Production and Manufacturing of Medical Devices?
Would you like to work for a growing Biotechnology organisation developing novel in-vitro diagnostic products?
My client are a cutting edge Biotechnology organisation, utilising their novel biosensing technologies to revolutionise the measurement, interpretation and frequent monitoring of human data, so leading to health and wellness applications and advancements. Due to ongoing business growth, they are looking to bring on board a Production Manager - Biotechnology / Medical Device, to establish and manage their manufacturing facility. Advancing their prototype device from R&D through to scaled up manufacturing, you will implement and oversee high-quality production processes.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing Biotechnology organisation in an exciting field of science, within a position with scope for long term career development and progression opportunities.
Key Responsibilities of the Production Manager - Biotechnology / Medical Device will include;
- Develop the manufacturing plan and establish measures for maintaining high standards of manufacturing processes, including ensuring quality requirements are upheld (e.g. ISO 9001 and ISO 13485).
- Oversee scale up from R&D through to full scale manufacturing.
- Manage the procurement, installation, upgrade and repair of production equipment.
- Review and report project deliverables, including the identification and management of potential project and business risks.
- Conduct risk assessments for associated manufacturing processes to ensure safety and compliance.
- Lead quality investigations e.g. CAPA/root cause analysis when faced with manufacturing issues.
- Work cross-functionally with other departments e.g. R&D and Quality, including to address production queries.
- Identify, lead and support process improvement activities.
To be considered for this Production Manager - Biotechnology / Medical Device vacancy you will need the following skills and experience;
- BSc/MSc/PhD in a scientific or engineering discipline (Biomedical Science, Biochemistry, Human Biology, Engineering etc.) or equivalent working experience.
- Experience working within a manufacturing and production environment, preferably as a Production Manager.
- Knowledgeable in the manufacture of Medical Devices / IVD.
- Demonstratable experience of working within a quality environment e.g. ISO 9001 or ISO 13485 standards.
- Experience working with automated machinery.
- Excellent communication skills and a personable nature, to support interactions within the organisation and team management.
- Strong written and oral skillset in order to prepare technical reports, documents and SOP's.
- Beneficial: Lean Management experience
Key Words "Biotechnology, Biotech, Medical Device, Med Device, IVD, Manufacturing, Production, Manufacturing Manager, Production Manager, ISO 9001, ISO 13485, Kent"
Please apply online or call Katie-May Kress on 0203 0964711 for more information
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Contact: Katie-May Kress
- Phone: 0203 096 4711
- Reference: J34849
- Posted: 11th November 2020
- Expires: 9th December 2020