Job Title: Senior Scientist (Covid-19 Lab) x2
Location: North East
Employment Term: 12 month contract
Salary: £38,890 - £44,503 (per annum)
An exciting opportunity has risen with a brand new integrated Covid-19 testing hub based in the North East of England. They are looking to hire 2 Senior Scientists (1 registered with the NHS and 1 un-registered) to join their team.
The purpose of this role is to play a key part in the establishment, development and operation of the laboratory, linking the development needs of Industry with the capability of the Covid-19 laboratory, to enable rapid adoption of molecular diagnostics into high volume testing facilities.
- Taking technical charge of a section of the laboratory and will be responsible for organising and participating in the work of the laboratory, ensuring that work is carried out to agreed standards and a high quality
- Liaising with the senior scientific team and Laboratory Manager
- As an experienced senior member of staff, provide help and advice, in relation to technical problems, troubleshooting etc., to staff working in other areas of the laboratory as required.
- To undertake, as directed research and development work within the COVID-19 Laboratory
- Assist in maintaining up to date ISO 15189:12 documentation.
- Ensure adequate stocks of reagents and consumables are available for the efficient running of the section for which the post holder has responsibility..
For the register role, you must have Health & Care Professions Council registration.
- BSc (Hons) degree in relevant science subject or equivalent qualification
- MSc, FIBMS, MPhil, PhD or equivalent level of knowledge
- Extensive experience and in depth knowledge of Molecular Diagnostic Work
- Experience in q-PCR and extraction work
- Proven ability to work independently with minimum direction
- Able to use Microsoft office well
- Familiarity with ISO 15189:12 is desirable
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Emma on 0161 868 2222.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2157788
- Posted: 11th November 2020
- Expires: 9th December 2020