Job title: Development Chemist
Location: North East
SRG are working with a Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisation based in the North East of England. They are currently looking for a Development Chemist to join their Research & Development Group. The main purpose of the role is to develop new processes in the laboratory and transfer them into one which is capable to run at the appropriate scale on site.
- Develop and optimise processes at different scales including laboratory, pilot and manufacturing
- Support scale up, pilot, semi works and commercial manufacture
- Carrying out SAP transactions in a timely and accurate manner
- Prepare final reports and communicate details and outcome to customers and clients
- Working with a multiple teams including Hazard Evaluation, Manufacturing, Quality, ADG and Purchasing
- Comply with all HSE requirements including health and safety procedures and policies and conduct HSE and internal safety/housekeeping audits
- Work closely with Hazard Evaluation to ensure all process are safe at both laboratory and manufacturing scale.
- Minimum degree in a relevant chemical subject
- Preferably PhD in synthetic organic chemistry, but not essential
- Several years' experience working in R&D in pharmaceuticals
- Good knowledge of plant based unit operations and the application of techniques to improve processes.
- Proven experience of working in a cGMP environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Sound knowledge of IT
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Emma on 0161 868 2222.As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2157779
- Posted: 10th November 2020
- Expires: 8th December 2020