A world leading speciality chemical manufacturing business is currently seeking a Process Development Chemist to join their team in Oxford on a permanent basis. Based within their Component Delivery Team, you will play a pivotal role in designing and synthesising next generation materials applied to the chemical additive function.
Process Development Chemist Responsibilities
- To design and synthesise cost-effective, next generation materials for the chemical additive function. Develop chemicals through commercially viable synthetic routes, predominantly in the 100 g - low kg scale.
- Synthesise, analyse, and perform test procedures of new components.
- Material design encompassing key functions such as Manufacturing & Procurement.
- Interfacing with 3rd party contract research organisations to deliver high value materials.
- Design, recommend and execute experimental programmes.
- Communicate with internal and external contacts/parties.
- Participate in project teams and to present results and conclusions to the wider team.
- Oversee the maintenance of lab equipment.
Process Development Chemist Requirements
- PhD level qualification in Chemistry or closely related field of study.
- Excellent theoretical and practical organic chemistry knowledge coupled with an analytical mindset.
- Strong organic chemistry expertise at a range of scales, particularly at 100g-1kg with a successful track record of delivering materials/projects to tight deadlines.
- Awareness of cost-effective chemical design (e.g. process considerations/raw material considerations/regulatory impacts) is an advantage
- Experience of sustainable and/or green chemistry in an industrial setting desirable
- Strong safety focus including a demonstrated ability to deliver high quality risk assessments, make solid safety recommendations when faced with obstacles and influence changes to work differently based on learnings from near miss reporting.
In return, you will be offered a competitive salary accompanied with a generous benefits package and on-going career development.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 6692
- Updated: 27th November 2020
- Expires: 25th December 2020