We are currently looking for an Organic Chemist to join a leading company based in the Oxfordshire area. As the Organic Chemist you will be responsible for working as part of a team to develop chemicals through commercially viable synthetic routes, predominantly in the 100 g low kg scale.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Organic Chemist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. As the Organic Chemist you will Provide design solutions to a variety of programs to enable lube science teams to prove or disprove the working hypothesis.
2.As the Organic Chemist you will be required to deliver robust routing scouting to deliver materials in a time efficient manner. As well as research scale-up 10g to 10Kg with support from chemical engineer.
3. You will supervise, develop & coach laboratory based chemists as well as developing external outsourcing relationships.
4. As the Organic Chemist you will influence lab set-up & equipment to support the synthesis needs of the business.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Organic Chemist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in Organic Chemistry or equivalent industry experience.
2. Proven industry experience of delivering materials to aggressive timescales within a research & development environment.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with design and synthesis of next generation materials for lubricant additives, as well as scale-up from g to Kg.
Key Words: Organic Chemistry, Technologist, Scale up, Synthesis, Lubricants, Petrochemical, g, kg, Oxfordshire, Oxford.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Edward McNulty
- Phone: 0203 910 2980
- Reference: J5634028
- Posted: 10th November 2020
- Expires: 8th December 2020