Regulatory Specialist - Chemicals (REACH & CLP)
Our client is an established speciality chemicals company with a high level of staff retention. That alone speaks for itself however, our client is in strong position to offer a broad position between compliance and registrations. The Regulatory Product Stewardship team are ensuring that the chemical substances comply with REACH and GHS. This is an ideal opportunity to stand out within a small vibrant team where your work will be appreciated.
The role will require you to act as SIEF representative, and/or SIEF Formation Facilitator (SFF) and/or Lead Registrant (LR) for a significant number of chemical substances. You will be responsible for Hazard Communication.
In this position you will lead Environmental Health and Safety initiatives (EHS) and hazard communication -hazard classifications for substances and mixtures using various classification schemes such as OSHA Hazcom, GHS, DPD,WHMIS.
You will work teams on a global scale and be responsible for REACh registration in accordance to chemical legislation deadlines. This will also involve negotiation with other companies concerning sharing of data and intellectual property.
This position has a unique twist as you could potentially be involved with and have exposure to Product Stewardship EHS thus providing technical detail on the company products.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Good working knowledge of REACH, GHS and associated guidelines.
- Hands on registrations experience (REACh Dossiers)
- Working knowledge of toxicology, ecotoxicology and risk assessment is a BONUS but not required
- Ideally Previous experience in a Product Stewardship role. BUT REACh experience alone is fine
- BSc in Chemistry or a related technical subject. MSc/PhD is an advantage
- Experience with EHS will be a benefit and ability to engage in such activities
For more information, please apply and send your CV. You can also speak to us about your application by contacting a consultant at NonStop Recruitment. Check our website for more information.
Regulatory / Registrations / REACh / GHS / CLP / Biocide / Cosmetic / Flavour / Modelling / Modeller / Fragrance / Personal Care / Food / FMCG / Chemicals / Environmental Fate / Toxicology / Toxicologist / Ecotoxicologist / Fate / Human Health / Risk Assessment / Household / Safety Data Sheets / SDS / Product Safety / Product Stewardship / Hazardous Substances / Hazard Communication / EHS / Health / Safety
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: NonStop Consulting
- Reference: AK/262464/1
- Posted: 9th November 2020
- Expires: 7th December 2020