Job Title: Physical Chemist
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Pay Rate: £14.53 to £17.09 an hour (circa £27,000 to £32,000 p.a.)
Contract: 12 Months
Do you have a degree in Physical Organic, Synthetic Organic or Analytical Chemistry with an interest in measuring, understanding and modelling the physical properties of chemical compounds?
SRG is working with a leading agrochemical company in Bracknell who are seeking a Physical Chemist to generate data for the physical chemists responsible for designing and developing the next generation of agrochemicals.
- Support early stage research projects by providing data which will enable Physical Chemists to make critical decisions.
- Generate measured data using a range of techniques, primarily LC-MS and HPLC.
- Work with scientists from a range of disciplines to design and develop new methods that ensure that physical chemistry department meets the needs of a growing company.
- A PhD or good undergraduate degree in chemistry (Analytical Chemistry, Physical Chemistry or a related discipline).
- A practical understanding of commonly-used analytical and chromatographic techniques, particularly HPLC and LC-MS.
- Understanding of how the physical properties of compounds influence their behaviour in biological systems.
- Specialist physical or analytical methods, such as electrochemistry or mass spectrometry would be advantageous.
A shortlist of applicants will be submitted on Wednesday 18th November so apply online to avoid disappointment. For more information on the role and company contact Tolu Kuforiji on 0161 868 2248.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2157759
- Posted: 7th November 2020
- Expires: 5th December 2020