An opportunity has arisen for a Principle Scientist to join an innovative, clean energy organisation at its state-of-the-art facility in West Sussex. As a Principle Scientist you will play a pivotal role in leading the development and improvement of metal supported solid oxide cells SOC. In addition, providing expertise for state-of-the-art microscopy analysis and spectroscopy for materials and chemical characterisation.
To be successful as a principle scientist you should hold a PhD or MSc degree in a relevant discipline, chemistry, chemical engineering, physics OR materials science, possess a wealth of experience in state-of-the-art analysis techniques within an academic or commercial setting and demonstrate In-depth knowledge and extensive hands-on experience with respect to microscopes (SEM FIB sample prep etc.) X-ray diffraction SIMs AFM and other analytical and spectroscopic techniques.
Principle Scientist Key Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate leadership skills and be a leader on the pitch to take initiative for progressing the team's objectives.
- Stay informed on the latest advancements for analysis methodologies globally and bring them in-house.
- Lead projects for analysis with universities or other institutions as needed.
- Work in cross-functional teams as needed for the development of the next generation steel cell and related products.
- Resolving technical challenges and problems associated with our products.
- Present technical progress and timing against delivery targets to the technical management and program management office.
- Support resolution of issues (technical scientific analytical IP etc) that affect or have the potential to affect the development of SOC Technologies component manufacturing processes meeting "life" and "cost" targets for product development.
- Communicate key information and recommendations to influence technical decisions and strategy.
Principle Scientist Key Requirements:
- Hold a PhD or MSc degree in a relevant discipline, chemistry, chemical engineering, physics OR materials science.
- Possess a wealth of experience in state-of-the-art analysis techniques within an academic or commercial setting.
- Demonstrate In-depth knowledge and extensive hands-on experience with respect to microscopes (SEM FIB sample prep etc.) X-ray diffraction SIMs AFM and other analytical and spectroscopic techniques.
- In-depth knowhow of latest advancements and practices for analysis of materials.
- Strong evidence for delivering on commitments working-in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Demonstrate entrepreneurial and can-do attitude to meet the goals of a fast-paced technology development environment.
Salary: £. Competitive + Benefits - 25 days' annual leave - Contributory pension scheme (2% by employee, 6% by the company, with the option to increase to 3% and 8% respectively) - Life Assurance scheme at 4x gross annual salary
If you are a forward-thinking individual with a passion for the environment and want to make a difference to the future, then get in touch with Gareth with your CV.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 6689
- Posted: 6th November 2020
- Expires: 4th December 2020