Ongoing temp contract
£20,000 - £25,000
To provide day-to-day laboratory, facilities and administrative support to current staff at a Research Complex. This includes to support the Laboratory and Infrastructure Manager in looking after the RCaH's physical sciences equipment and infrastructure. To support the implementation of, and maintenance of, an excellent Health and Safety culture throughout the complex, including the management of chemicals and hazardous waste. This role also includes supporting the Laboratory Support Assistant in ensuring a high-quality media and glassware service is available at all times to the Research Complex (RCaH) scientists by providing clean glassware, media, consumables and other clean equipment for experiments. We also seek support in facilities management, and to act as a point of contact and liaison with STFC estates / work / faults for the RCaH building. This is a varied support role providing assistance to a number of staff.
Main support duties / key responsibilities:
* The collection washing and restocking of glassware from various laboratories on the ground and first floors. Also carrying out sterilization processes using autoclaves.
* Biohazard waste sterilization and disposal, preparing media for use in scientific laboratories.
* Monitoring media stocks and the stock levels of some laboratory consumables (gloves, tips, tissues, autoclave bags, etc) to ensure adequate supplies are available and replenished as required.
* Cleaning of equipment (e.g. water baths and incubators) to maintain high levels of operational cleanliness.
* Organising the laboratory coat collection for laundry and the distribution of clean laboratory coats.
* Help with weekly liquid nitrogen fills of two laboratory instruments.
* Provide support in implementing laboratories' infrastructure changes and modifications.
* Point of contact and liaison with STFC estates / work / faults for RCaH.
* Liaise with the deliveries team and stores at Rutherford Appleton Laboratory (RAL).
* Day to day responsibility for managing the inventory and asset records, including Asset-i software, as well office / general supplies stock management.
* Provide support with a wide range of minor non-science facilities issues.
* Keep up to date the electronic archive of all "Good laboratory Practice" sheets signed by all new RCaH users.
The ideal person would have some administrative and/or FM experience in a regulated environement. Although we will consider candidates from other industries.
Or perhaps you have been a lab technician in a school or academic institution and have been responsible for looking after research labs and potentially some admin work?
A degree or some higher education would be an advantage. Although full training will be given.
If you or anybody in your network is interested then please get in touch on 0121 726 9711 or firstname.lastname@example.org
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2157761
- Posted: 6th November 2020
- Expires: 4th December 2020