An opportunity has arisen for a Senior Research Scientist to join an innovative, clean energy organisation at its state-of-the-art facility in West Sussex. As a Senior Research Scientist you will play a pivotal in the development of new intellectual property around novel anode designs.
To be successful as a senior research scientist you should hold a PhD in a relevant discipline, chemistry, chemical engineering, physics OR materials science, possess previous laboratory experience either within a commercial setting and demonstrate a deep, technical understanding of the latest SOFC developments and technologies.
Senior Research Scientist Key Responsibilities:
- Delivering concise and insightful summaries of the latest developments in the field.
- Working with the development team to generate novel material structural or process concepts.
- Working with the prototype manufacturing and testing teams to rapidly develop and screen new concepts.
- Creating precise high-quality reports based on statistically sound analyses of the data.
- Working with the Project Managers to define and track KPI's.
Senior Research Scientist Key Requirements:
- Hold a PhD in a relevant discipline, chemistry, chemical engineering, physics OR materials science.
- Possess vast laboratory experience either within a commercial setting and demonstrate a deep, technical understanding of the latest SOFC developments and technologies.
- Good project management skills.
- User of 6-sigma statistical tools would be highly advantageous and experience in leading complex problem resolution activities.
- Excellent communicator: capable of making concise summaries and building and maintaining effective relationships.
Salary: £. Competitive + Benefits - 25 days' annual leave - Contributory pension scheme (2% by employee, 6% by the company, with the option to increase to 3% and 8% respectively) - Life Assurance scheme at 4x gross annual salary
If you are a forward-thinking individual with a passion for the environment and want to make a difference to the future, then get in touch with Gareth with your CV.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 6687
- Posted: 6th November 2020
- Expires: 4th December 2020