An opportunity has arisen for a Research Scientist to join an innovative, clean energy organisation at its state-of-the-art facility in West Sussex. As a Research Scientist you will play a key role within the R&D department, developing next generation clean energy devices using your expert skills in materials synthesis, ceramic materials and electrochemical characterisation.
To be successful as a research scientist you should hold a PhD in a relevant discipline, chemistry, chemical engineering, physics OR materials science, possess previous laboratory experience either within a research, academic or commercial setting and demonstrate a sound understanding of ceramic materials and electrochemistry.
Research Scientist Key Responsibilities:
- Producing concise and insightful summaries of the latest developments in the field.
- Conducting practical experiments in a range of different laboratories covering materials synthesis ceramics processing analytical structural and electrochemical characterisation.
- Creating statistically sound analyses of the data.
- Generating functional models.
Research Scientist Key Requirements:
- Hold a PhD in a relevant discipline, chemistry, chemical engineering, physics OR materials science.
- Possess previous laboratory experience either within a research, academic or commercial setting
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of ceramic materials and electrochemistry.
- Project management experience would be highly advantageous coupled with an understanding of 6-sigma statistical tools.
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills.
Salary: £. Competitive + Benefits - 25 days' annual leave - Contributory pension scheme (2% by employee, 6% by the company, with the option to increase to 3% and 8% respectively) - Life Assurance scheme at 4x gross annual salary
If you are a forward-thinking individual with a passion for the environment and want to make a difference to the future then get in touch with Gareth with your CV.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 6686
- Posted: 6th November 2020
- Expires: 4th December 2020