An opportunity has arisen for a materials technician to join an innovative, clean energy organisation at its state-of-the-art facility in West Sussex. As a materials technician you will work closely with the R&D teams in developing next generation clean energy devices.
To be successful as a materials technician you should hold a degree in a relevant discipline, chemistry, chemical engineering, physics OR materials science and possess previous laboratory experience either within a research, academic or commercial setting.
Materials Technician Key Responsibilities:
- Conduct complex lab-based tasks, accurately recording data, preparing reports and giving critical feedback to the R&D team.
- Preparing metallographic samples for analysis with levels of surface finish.
- Using a broad range of analytical characterisation techniques.
- Operating ink formulation and printing equipment.
- Accurately recording data and giving critical feedback.
Materials Technician Key Requirements:
- Hold a degree in a relevant discipline, chemistry, chemical engineering, physics OR materials science.
- Possess previous laboratory experience either within a research, academic or commercial setting.
- Experience with some of the following techniques would be highly advantageous: cutting/grinding/polishing, bead milling, Triple Roll Mills, Screen Printing, BET, SEM, PSD, Dilatometry, TGA/DSC, FT-IR, XRD, XRF.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good eye for detail.
Salary: £. Competitive + Benefits - 25 days' annual leave - Contributory pension scheme (2% by employee, 6% by the company, with the option to increase to 3% and 8% respectively) - Life Assurance scheme at 4x gross annual salary
If you are a forward-thinking individual with a passion for the environment and want to make a difference to they future then get in touch with Gareth with your CV.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 6685
- Posted: 6th November 2020
- Expires: 4th December 2020