Graduate Engineering Consultant – Technology & Scientific Consultancy Services
Location: Manchester City Centre
Exciting opportunity for graduate engineers looking for a consultancy role working with businesses across the STEM sectors. Our client provides financial consultancy services to STEM sector clients and are looking for degree qualified engineers to join their team. Whilst this role will not involve practical engineering work, you will be using your engineering knowledge to support clients in applying for financial grants. This is an office based role working from our clients Head Office in Manchester City Centre and will involved detailed reporting (written and financial) as well as extensive communication with clients (mainly email and phone based with occasion site visits).
Specific duties will involve:
- Liaising with the most innovative start-ups and scale ups in the UK, gaining a deep understanding of funding schemes and government funding options.
- Liaising with founders and directors of STEM businesses to understand their business and R&D activities
- To learn about accounting principles and how HMRC tax incentive schemes
- Researching the market and keeping up to date with industry trends.
- Liaising with clients face-to-face, over the phone and in-person.
- Producing spreadsheets and written reports in a timely manner.
The successful candidate will be a confident, independent self-starter who loves finding new ways of engaging clients. You will have excellent verbal and written communication skills. A degree (2:1 or higher preferred) in an IT or Engineering is preferred but “Applied” Science subjects will also be considered. In return, the company offers a generous salary, excellent benefits package, opportunities for career development and an excellent training program.
For additional information please contact Richard Taylor
- Agency: Taylorollinson
- Contact: Richard Taylor
- Posted: 5th November 2020
- Expires: 3rd December 2020