A leading provider to the pharmaceutical industry is expanding and have a number of opportunities to join its analytical team. They require experienced analytical chemists to work in the chromatography laboratory performing IC, LC and LCMS analysis. To be considered, you must be educated to degree standard and have significant commercial lab experience in practising one of the above mentioned techniques.
You will work as a Senior Analytical Chemist in the chromatography section primarily using Liquid Chromatographic techniques. The work involves testing raw materials, API and finished products to in-house or published methods as well as method development and validation of new methods. Fast turnarounds are often requested which will require a flexible approach.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:-
- QC analysis of pharmaceutical materials, using LC analytical techniques to the required standards producing high quality data.
- Providing specialist expertise, developing and validating new methods and also troubleshooting instruments and analysis.
- Comply with in-house, GMP, GLP and UKAS quality requirements as appropriate.
- Training and development of junior analytical staff as and when required.
- Client liaison and communications.
- Production of reports when required by the Laboratory Manager.
- Produce new and review existing documentation as required. Write SOP/methods for new techniques or new applications.
- Ensure their own personal development in their area of responsibility through internal and external training, liaison with 3rd parties and external reference materials such as papers, articles and application notes.
- Educated to degree standard in chemistry or related subject.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a laboratory performing either IC, LC or LCMS analysis.
- A working knowledge and practical experience with the troubleshooting/development of analytical methods
- Experience working within a GMP/GLP environment
Additional requirements would be advantageous:
- Experience working in a pharmaceutical Quality Control environment performing pharmacopeial analysis.
- Experience with Chromeleon data system
- LCMS method development experience
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 6680
- Posted: 4th November 2020
- Expires: 2nd December 2020