CK Group is recruiting for a Graduate Chemist to join the quality control department of a chemical manufacturing company at their facility located in Haltwhistle, Northumberland on a full time, permanent basis. This role would suit a locally-based forensic science or chemistry graduate.
Our client is ISO9001 accredited and also manufactures to GMP standards. The main purpose of the Quality Control Chemist role will be to carry out quality control analysis on chemical products using a range of analytical methods, including Gas Chromatography and wet chemistry. The company offers a competitive salary dependent on experience as well as 25 days holiday + bank holidays, early finish on a Friday, free parking, life assurance and pension scheme. Please note that the company is looking for this person to start within the next few weeks.
The site is commutable by rail from Newcastle and Carlisle, as well as being commutable by road from Consett, Hexham and other local areas.
QC Chemist Role:
Example responsibilities will include:
- Troubleshooting and calibrating laboratory equipment.
- Maintaining chemical stock levels.
- Communicating with other departments to ensure timely completion of analysis on new and existing products.
- Handling and resolving customer complaints.
- Writing reports.
In order to be considered for this role, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Qualified to minimum of BSc level or equivalent in Chemistry, Forensic Science or similar, ideally 2.1 or above.
- Preferably experience of working in a commercial laboratory with knowledge of GC, although an enthusiastic graduate would be considered.
- Good communication skills and personable in nature.
- Able to start work within the next few weeks.
For more information or to apply for this Graduate Quality Control Chemist position, please contact Victoria Walker on 01246 457702 or email email@example.com, quoting job reference 49209.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Victoria Walker
- Phone: 01246 457700
- Reference: 49209
- Updated: 27th November 2020
- Expires: 25th December 2020