CK Group are recruiting for a Automation Biologist to join a company in the healthcare industry at their site based in Stevenage on a contract basis for 12 months.
Our client is a global healthcare company, taking on some of the world\'s biggest healthcare challenges.
This Automation Biologist role will be based at our clients site in Stevenage, Hertfordshire.
Up to £20 per hour, depending upon experience.
Automation Biologist Role:
- Working in partnership with other research and development groups you will be responsible for the process development and optimisation of polyclonal CHO cell line generation using the Atum Leap-In transposase platform.
- Explore alternative expression systems in order to maintain line-of-sight of later-stage cell line development processes.
- Be involved in delivering a semi-automated process, alongside seamless data workflows covering diverse topics such as data science, automation, cell biology and protein biochemistry.
- PhD or equivalent experience in Biochemical Engineering, Cell Biology, Bioprocessing or a related discipline.
- This role would therefore suit an inquisitive scientist with experience in mammalian cell culture, who is eager to learn more about Biopharm Discovery activities, novel mammalian expression systems and automation. It is hoped that the successful applicant will already be experienced in one or more of these areas and will be able to bring their existing skills to the team, however, suitable training will be provided for any areas that are required, as and when necessary.
- Experience in stable cell line generation (cell maintenance, quality control of cell culture; transfection etc.).
- Expertise in the use and troubleshooting of automated LiHa systems (esp. Tecan Fluent).
- Experience in data handling and reuse.
For more information or to apply for this Automation Biologist position, please contact Julie on 01438 870011 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting job ref 49200.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Julie Marshall
- Phone: 01438 723 500
- Reference: 49200
- Posted: 4th November 2020
- Expires: 2nd December 2020