Are you PhD qualified in biochemistry, cell biology or genetics and looking for a role in industry? I am currently recruiting for a Cell Biology Application Scientist to join a company involved with imaging and analysis systems, on a full time, permanent basis. This role will be home/ field based with 25-50% travel within the UK and abroad, and the successful candidate is likely to live in Yorkshire.
Our client is relatively new and is looking for someone with a cell biology PhD, who has a passion for science with good writing skills, but would like to try something outside of academia. Hours are 9am-5pm Monday-Friday however the company may offer some flexible working. Please note that up to 50% travel abroad will be required in this role, for a duration of approximately 1 week at a time. The ability to drive would be advantageous but not essential. The company offers a salary between £25-35,000pa depending on experience, as well as pension scheme and 25 days\' holiday. The successful candidate will be confident and outgoing in nature in order to liaise with customers and clients.
This role is a field/ home based position. Semi-regular travel to York will be required (especially in the first 1-2 months) and it would be convenient if the successful candidate is based in or near York, Leeds, Sheffield, Nottingham etc.
Your main duties will be to:
- Proactively demonstrate the company\'s core values of a passion for science and depth of knowledge in every customer interaction.
- Demonstrate how the company\'s instrumentation can help solve researchers\' biological problems to both current and potential new customers.
- Provide feedback from customers and on current community knowledge to Commercial and Product development teams to ensure that the company\'s instruments are always cutting edge.
- Developing, writing, publishing and presenting technical documentation and training materials to educate the company\'s customer-base, on-site and remotely, as well as the wider community (e.g. at conferences).
- Using your professional nature and scientific analysis skills to help resolve complex customer queries, which might involve getting into the lab, collaborative analysis and interpretation of their results.
- Working with customers in person and remotely will be a key part of your activities and travelling is likely to be around 25-50% of your time.
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experience:
- Ph.D. or equivalent in Cell Biology preferred, otherwise Biochemistry or Genetics with strong elements of experimental cell biology, cell culture and microscopy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with demonstrable presentation skills
- Strong working knowledge of current methods and trends in Cell Biology
- Willingness to travel globally
- Good understanding of statistical methods and other data analysis methodologies applicable to cell-based assays, including image analysis
- Ability to work collaboratively with Commercial and Product Development Teams
- Excellent customer interaction skills
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to proactively prioritise in order to meet and respond to project deadlines
Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. For more information, please contact Victoria Walker on 01246 457702 or email email@example.com . Please quote reference number 49201
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Victoria Walker
- Phone: 01246 457700
- Reference: 49201
- Posted: 4th November 2020
- Expires: 2nd December 2020