A medical device company is looking for a QC Technician to join its growing team. You will check incoming raw materials and conduct a range of quality control tests during the manufacturing process, and on finished batches, to ensure products comply with quality standards. You will operate a range of laboratory equipment, including scanning electron microscopes, within our ISO class 7 cleanrooms. You must have previous experience working in a medical manufacturing or regulated laboratory environment to apply for this role.
- Check incoming raw materials and finished products for their quality according to defined specifications
- Carry out quality control testing at different stages of the manufacturing process - using standard and specialised laboratory equipment and following defined procedures
- Operate and calibrate laboratory equipment according to SOPs and instructions
- Assist in Process Improvement actions and Quality Investigations. Raise & investigate nonconformances (CAPAs) and complaints
- Maintain records and complete relevant QC documentation e.g. batch records
- Escalate issues or potential issues in a timely manner to managers and team members * Assist in document control, data reviews and KPI updates
- Assist in maintaining a clean and safe working environment
- Work with the wider technical team to ensure the efficient running of the site and that deadlines and targets are met for customer orders
- A hard-working and "can-do" attitude, enthusiasm and eagerness to learn and drive continuous improvements
- Attention to detail and good organisation
- Experience operating laboratory and/or industrial equipment and with meticulous record keeping
- Experience working to good laboratory practice and familiar with common laboratory safety procedures and housekeeping.
- Able to follow procedures in order to comply with a Quality controlled environment. Desirable to have experience working to ISO Quality standards, especially ISO 13485.
- Competent with office software (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel etc)
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 6677
- Posted: 3rd November 2020
- Expires: 1st December 2020