CK Group are recruiting for a Research Associate to join a leading biopharmaceutical organisation at their research and development facilities located in Slough, on an initial 12-month contract.
Our client is a global biopharmaceutical company whose medicine treats thousands of patients around the world who live with severe diseases.
This role is located on a well-established biopharma R&D facility based in Slough. There are good transport links whether you drive or even use public transport. Slough is a great place to live and work and is easily commutable from Reading, Oxford and London.
Your main duties will be to:
- Perform small-scale transient mammalian transfections and purify the expressed monoclonal antibodies using automated techniques, whilst organising work effectively and managing time to work on multiple projects.
- Understand and interpret data to identify purification and product quality abnormalities, alert stakeholders with observations and consider possible solutions.
- Aid in the development of automated/robotic HTP transient expression and purification technologies and their integration with internal databases and workflows.
- Demonstrate a flexible and professional attitude with a willingness to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Demonstrate good presentation, communication and data sharing skills in one to one and team meetings.
- A Bachelor\'s degree in a Biochemistry or Biotechnology related field.
- A recent graduate with extensive theoretical knowledge of mammalian cell culture, antibody purification and QC analytics may also be considered.
- Practical experience in an industrial setting would be beneficial.
- Experience in cell culture, especially of mammalian cell hosts such as CHO & HEK.
- Experience in antibody or protein purification techniques and working knowledge of AKTA Purification platforms and Unicorn software.
For more information or to apply for this Downstream Process Scientist position, please contact James Horne at CK Science on 0191 384 8906 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting job reference 49182.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: James Horne
- Phone: 0191 384 8905
- Reference: 49182
- Posted: 30th October 2020
- Expires: 27th November 2020