A growing medical device company has an exciting opportunity for a Lab Manager to join its team. You will support the lab and facilities functions in the maintenance and compliance of Class VII clean rooms ensuring the efficient and effective running of the laboratory, ensuring infrastructure and process equipment are maintained, calibrated and cleaned. You do not need to have a scientific background to be considered, but experience working and supporting a similar scientific environment is essential.
You will play a pivotal role in ensuring that the laboratories are effectively managed, working closely with the Scientific, Quality, Engineering and Finance Teams, overseeing the day to day running of laboratory activities.
- Maintenance of the facility to ensure compliance with ISO 14644
- Ensure laboratory safety through promotion of safety policies and procedures and ensure documentation compliance.
- To lead the weekly facility meetings, writing up and circulating minutes and following up on agreed actions and responsibilities.
- Ensuring infrastructure and process equipment are maintained, calibrated and cleaned according to the ISO 14644 standard.
- Management of inventory control system for reagents and consumables
- In cooperation with the Engineering Team oversee all aspects of laboratory equipment repair and routine maintenance and calibrations.
- Carry out laboratory audits and work with Quality Manager to implement any improvements
- Support R&D on production projects as required
- Experience of working in a quality-controlled environment e.g. ISO13485 / 14644 /17025 /GLP/GMP
- Previous industry experience within either a laboratory or clean-room supervisory role.
- Demonstrable knowledge of laboratory safety and health and safety at work regulations.
- Experience preparing and maintaining risk assessments and COSHH forms and related documents.
- Experience of drafting and reviewing Technical and Quality Documents, e.g. SOP's and work instructions.
- Competence in Microsoft Office applications including SharePoint.
- Ability to interact effectively with scientists and production team to support scientific projects in collaboration with the project teams.
- Excellent record keeping and documentation abilities.
- Good spoken and written English; able to communicate clearly and effectively
- First-rate organisational and time management skills
- Teamwork: taking individual responsibility and supporting team members
- Transparent: communicating openly
- Excellence: delivering high quality outputs; aware of priorities and deadlines
- Considerate: Considerate with concern for impact on others
- Learning: embracing personal development
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 64351
- Posted: 16th October 2020
- Expires: 13th November 2020