CK Science are recruiting for a Manufacturing Team Lead to join the Vaccines Manufacturing and Innovation Centre (VMIC) at their site based in Oxfordshire on a permanent basis.
The Vaccines Manufacturing and Innovation Centre (VMIC) has been established to provide the UK\'s first strategic vaccine development and advanced manufacturing capability. VMIC will fast track development and manufacture of early stage vaccine products, as well as serve as the UK\'s response capability to produce vaccines against emerging infectious diseases. They have already taken a leading role in the Government\'s national response to COVID-19.
New starters can expect to join an exciting fast paced organisation, with ambitious growth plans. With a flat structure, employees will have exposure to senior leaders and be part of an organisation that has a start-up mentality but is backed by UK Government, and industry and academic founders.
Working through collaborative ventures with industry, academia and NGOs, VMIC will ultimately strengthen and innovate the UK\'s vaccines sector. Their state-of-the-art vaccines manufacturing facility will be located on the renowned Harwell Science and Innovation Campus near Didcot in Oxfordshire.
VMIC\'s vaccines manufacturing facility will open in 2021 following a rapidly accelerated development schedule and will be located on the renowned Harwell Science and Innovation Campus near Didcot in Oxfordshire.
Manufacturing Team Lead Role:
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a team setting up the Manufacturing department, establishing infrastructure, function and best practices for the operation of the department.
Your main duties will be to:
- Supervise a team of operators, being responsible for the execution of various vaccine manufacturing steps and oversee all tasks on the floor as they are carried out, providing assistance and troubleshooting where required.
- Monitor and coach staff to ensure full compliance with GMP and Quality system requirements as well as being responsible for overall inspection readiness and compliance with quality requirements.
- Lead and oversee the on-time completion of document review (batch record, logbook, SOPs) for completeness, clarity, accuracy to support on-time release of batches with minimal errors.
- Coach, teach, train and develop employees through 1:1 meetings, performance review and management or career planning activities as well as supporting recruiting, staffing, hiring, onboarding performance management, promotion and discipline of operators as appropriate.
- A qualification at degree level or above in a scientific or engineering discipline with experience in a team lead position in a biopharmaceutical/bioprocessing environment.
- Lean manufacturing experience and demonstrated ability to apply problem solving methodology to understand root cause and implement solutions.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work autonomously.
- Exceptional communication, influencing and team leadership skills to effectively balance workloads and engage and motivate the team.
For more information or to apply for this Manufacturing Team Lead position, please contact Mary Bolt/Naynesh Mistry on 01246 457722 or email email@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org, quoting job ref 49032.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.
Equal Opportunities Statement:
VMIC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any other protected characteristic. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and without discrimination.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Mary Bolt
- Phone: 01438 743047
- Reference: 49032
- Posted: 14th October 2020
- Expires: 11th November 2020