Process Team Leader
A growing clean technology business are looking to appoint a Process Team Leader to join its team based in Horsham, on a permanent basis. As Process Team Leader, you will play a vital role in the line management of highly qualified Scientists/Engineers & technicians whilst having the ability to ensure resources are maintained and kept up to date.
Process Team Leader Responsibilities
- Line management of 6 to 8 highly qualified scientists/engineers/technicians in the Process team.
- Supporting project managers with effort estimation at the project planning stage.
- Allocating work and tracking resource utilisation levels across the team.
- Recruiting new staff and contracting technical expertise externally where required.
- Defining, updating, and tracking metrics for the team performance.
- Ensuring that team output is at the highest quality level.
- Coaching, training, and supporting the team in their work.
- Ensuring that the resources required by the team are in place, properly maintained, up-to-date and efficient.
- Supporting, developing, and managing the relationships of the team with the rest of the business.
Process Team Leader Requirements
- Degree level qualified in an Engineering or Scientific discipline.
- Strong knowledge and background in materials processing techniques - ideally relating to energy storage or clean-technology (solid-oxide fuel cells).
- Successful track record acting as team leader/manager - leading technical staff and motivating a group.
- Demonstrable leadership skills: able to provide motivation, direction, coaching. Leading by example.
- Experience of coaching and development of scientific and transferable skills.
- Experience of leading technical projects.
- Understanding of and practised user of 6-sigma statistical tools.
- Experience in leading complex, problem resolution activities.
In return the company can provide an excellent platform to excel your career - whilst working with novel technology in the clean technology sector . £Comp + excellent company benefits.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 6648
- Posted: 14th October 2020
- Expires: 11th November 2020