Virologist required, based in Cheshire. Requiring minimum Master's level qualification in Virology, Microbiology or closely related discipline. Experience in Virology (testing/development/research) and cell culture techniques gained either in industry or in academia (post-doctoral).
Salary: Competitive, dependent on experience
SRG is working exclusively with a successful company specialising in the development of anti-bacterial, anti-viral and biocidal products for use in household care, healthcare and personal care products. As a result of recent investment and growth, they are now looking for an experienced Virologist to join the team at their facility in Cheshire. The role will involve conducting a range of testing to evaluate the antiviral performance of products, culturing cells to host viruses and using results to support R&D of anti-viral products. This would be an excellent opportunity for a Scientist educated to at least MSc level, who has post-university experience of testing, developing or research in the field of Virology, in an academic (e.g. post-doc) or industrial setting.
Benefits: Innovative and forward-thinking company offering a brilliant opportunity in their growing Anti-Viral division. A modern and well-equipped working environment, with a highly collaborative team. 25 day holiday allowance, plus 8 statutory days, company pension scheme, life assurance, bonus and share options. Working hours of 36.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, with highly flexible start and finish times.
Role / Description
- Using cell culture techniques to inoculate, grow and quantify viruses for testing
- Preparing and conducting efficacy testing of anti-viral, biocidal products to EN Standards
- Helping to define standard protocols for the execution and documentation of anti-viral testing
- Interpret and use test results to inform development of new anti-viral technologies and product claims
- Developing new anti-viral test methods to support new claims and demonstrate compliance
- Monitoring external developments in biocidal and anti-viral technology, virology and associated regulations
- Reviewing labelling and marketing materials to ensure accuracy and compliance
- Producing traceable, documented records of work for future reference and support of claims, compliance and patent registration
- Minimum MSc qualification in Virology, Microbiology or closely related discipline
- Proven post-university experience of testing, developing or researching in the field of Virology - either in a post-doc position or industrial context (Healthcare, Biomedical, Pharmaceuticals, Biocides, Veterinary, Medical Devices, etc.)
- Experience and understanding of cell culture techniques, aseptic technique and developing assays
- Good appreciation of statistical analysis
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218. If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: virology, virologist, ant-viral, viral, virus, viruses, microbiology, immunology, biomedical, pathology, vaccine, testing, research, development, efficacy, assay development, cell culture, gene therapy, vector, biocide, biocidal, MSc, Master, PhD, Ph.D, DPhil, Doctor of Philosophy, post-doctorate, PDRA, post-doc.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Contact: Faye Allison
- Phone: 0161 868 2218
- Reference: J2157452
- Posted: 12th October 2020
- Expires: 9th November 2020