A biotechnology company has an exciting opportunity for a Finance Director to join its team. Working closely with the CFO and COO, you will be tasked with developing a high quality finance function for this growing site. This will include the implementation of a new finance system. You will be a fully qualified finance professional with significant post-qualification experience, ideally gained within a regulated, scientific or manufacturing setting.
Work from home options available.
- Work closely with the Chief Operating Officer and group Chief Financial Officer to develop a ''Best in class'' finance function, delivering timely, accurate and compliant financial data to stakeholders.
- Managing and maintaining all financial systems;
- Support Finance Staff in managing the prime financial records;
- Optimise financial returns and manage commercial risks from all company operations;
- Ensuring internal controls and financial affairs comply with all regulatory, code of conduct requirements and good business practice;
- Implementing and managing financial planning and analysis systems.
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelors or Masters Degree
- Fully Qualified CIMA/CA/ACA/ACCA or equivalent
- Significant PQE
- Proven industry experience in a similar role
- Multi-disciplinary finance background
- Experience running critical Hybrid Cloud production environments
- Strong leadership and experience building a high-performance IT organization
- Must be able to demonstrate confidence in leadership, people management as well as be comfortable liaising product and technical needs for best architecture
- Experience in interacting with business owners and understanding internal customer needs
- Executive demeanour excellent presentation skills and clear communication, coupled with entrepreneurial outlook.
- Experience leading operations in regulated environment
- Proven ability to upwardly influence the strategic direction of business solutions
- Ability to work in an environment of competing and alternating priorities with constant focus on delivery
- Proven ability to balance business demands and fulfilment in terms of standardization, reducing risk and increasing flexibility
Interim applications will also be considered.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company at a very exciting stage of growth.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 6645
- Posted: 12th October 2020
- Expires: 9th November 2020